Bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen with this classic Italian lasagna! With the cold winter temperatures creeping around the corner, I have the perfect recipe for a warm comfort meal to soothe these cold autumn evenings. The classic lasagna is the dish that perhaps most represents Sunday in the Italian family. A recipe handed down from generation to generation.
The layered pasta and its soft and creamy filling makes this a pride of Italian cuisine. A rich first, with a rustic and true flavour. A dish that everyone loves and gives happiness to people of all ages!
- Fresh pasta sheets
- Parmesan cheese
- Butter to grease the baking dish
- Minced beef lean
- Minced beef fat
- Celery stalks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White wine
- Tomato concentrate
- Tomato sauce
- Black pepper
- Whole milk
- Ground black pepper
- Walnut nut milk
1. Chop the celery, carrot, and onion. Fry for 15 minutes in a large pan with extra virgin olive oil.
2. Add the fresh ground mince, both lean and fat and brown for 25 minutes, then, blend with white wine.
3. After the alcohol has evaporated, add the salt and pepper, tomato concentrate and the tomato sauce then, cook for an hour and a half.
4. While the meat sauce cooks, you can prepare the white sauce by melting the butter and adding flour whilst mixing quickly to avoid lumps.
5. Over low heat, add the milk, salt and nutmeg and stir.
6. Start to pack your lasagna in a buttered oven dish, putting a layer of white cream sauce, then pasta sheet, another white cream sauce, a layer of mincemeat sauce then add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Repeat the above steps until all ingredients are used.
7. On the last layer put plenty of sauce and a generous handful of parmesan cheese. 8. Bake in the oven at 180C/160C fan/gas 4 for 40 minutes and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoyed making this recipe as much as I did! Not much for cooking at home? Pop in to our excellent restaurant and bar and have it handed to you! Addio!